Additional Restriction Grants
Cornwall Council has launched the application process for the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG), aimed at businesses which have been forced to close or limit trading during the current coronavirus lockdown.
Cornwall has been allocated £11.5m to support businesses that are ineligible for other forms of financial support and have fixed ongoing costs such as rent or mortgage payments, loans or lease agreements for capital equipment or rental of workspaces.
Businesses have until 23.59pm on Sunday, January 31, to apply for a one-off grant.
Those eligible include businesses which:
- Have not previously received any form of coronavirus grant support
- Are Cornwall based and owned
- Have been forced to shut and are not business rate registered
- Have been severely impacted by the current lockdown, but are ineligible for other grant support because they have not been mandated to close.
- Businesses with a rateable value of more than £51,000 who were eligible but did not apply for an Additional Restrictions Grant in November.
Please share this information with businesses in your area. Full details can be found at www.cornwall.gov.uk/BusinessSupportGrant.