St Just Town Council News
Commenting on a News Update
Comments from the public are encouraged on St Just Town Council news updates.
If you would like to send a comment please use the form on the Contact Page.
To help us manage the comments indicate which news update you are commenting on - either in the subject or the message field.
Are you in need of a group of volunteers to carry out a specific task for your group or organisation? Or do you know someone who does?
If so – I’d love to hear from you…..
Social Prescribing Link Worker; Morrab Surgery
07936 936 791
in partnership with
Pfizer COVID vaccination walk-in clinic this Sunday from 11am-3pm. Pendeen Church Rd, Pendeen, Penzance.
All vaccine clinic details can be found on
NHS Kernow’s website: COVID-19 vaccine information – NHS Kernow CCG – NHS Kernow CCG
Pfizer COVID vaccination walk-in clinic
it’s this Sunday from 11am-3pm.
The address is Pendeen Church Rd, Pendeen, Penzance, TR19 7SE
People do not need to book – they can just turn up!
West Cornwall project assistant for integrated care area development
NHS Kernow Clinical Commissioning Group
Praze-an-Beeble Surgery, School Road, Praze-an Beeble, Camborne, TR14 0LB
ST JUST TOWN COUNCIL
NOTICE OF VACANCY
IN THE OFFICE OF TOWN COUNCILLOR TO BE FILLED BY CO-OPTION
As the Returning Officer received no requests for an election by the due date of 19 July 2021. The Town Council will now fill the casual vacancy by co-option.
- NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that pursuant Rule 8 of the Local Elections (Parishes and Communities) Rule 1986 St Just Town Council will fill the casual vacancy arising from resignation by way of co-option.
- The Town Council may co-opt as a member any person who is legally qualified to hold such office, and who is willing to serve, provided he or she satisfies at least ONE of the following qualification categories: –
- is registered as a local government elector for the parish;
- has during the whole of the preceding twelve months occupied as owner or tenant, any land or premises in the parish;
- his/her principal or only place of work during the preceding twelve months has been in the parish;
- had during the whole of the preceding twelve months resided in the parish or within 4.8 km thereof.
- Expressions of Interest from persons wishing to be considered for co-option (Why you want to be a councillor) MUST be submitted in writing to the Town Clerk to be received by 5pm Monday 30 August 2021 Bank Holiday.
- (Emails with attached expressions of interest are fine).
- The Council will consider all expressions of interest and successful applicants will be asked to attend an interview with the Town Council Councillors to be held on Wednesday 1 September 21 at 7.15pm.
For further information please contact the Town Clerk or Admin Staff on 01736 788412 or 07907039014 at the address below.
DATED this 27 July 2021
Mr. Cas Leo
St Just-in-Penwith Town Council
On 19 July the Coronavirus National Lock Down restrictions are due to be lifted and the library will revert to its pre-Coronavirus style operation on Tuesday 20th July 21 keeping the same hours as now. Non library staff who can work from home will continue to do so .
To enable the Library to open again several limitations will remain in place to control possible risks to health in the library for staff and the public. Other measures may also be needed to be introduced; once the Library is open again at short notice.
- No more than 10 members of staff/public in the building at any one time.
- We request masks are still worn by the public visiting the library.
- Everyone still needs to keep space between them and others and wash their hands on entry.
- The Foyer and Main library area are open to the public but nowhere else.
- 2 of 4 public computers will be open to the public to use (a measure to limit numbers in the building).
Community Link Officer – West Penwith
Has asked the Town Council to promote the drop in Vaccination clinic in St Just on Friday which is now at the surgery
1st dose Pfizer COVID vaccination walk in clinic.
Friday 16 July
10am to 5.30pm
Cape Cornwall Surgery, Market Street, St Just, TR19 7HX
People do not need to book-they can just turn up!
All vaccine clinic details can be found on NHS Kernow’s website: COVID-19 vaccine information – NHS Kernow CCG – NHS Kernow CCG