ST JUST TOWN COUNCIL
NOTICE OF VACANCY
IN THE OFFICE OF TOWN COUNCILLOR TO BE FILLED BY CO-OPTION
As the Returning Officer received no requests for an election by the due date of 13 October 2021. The Town Council will now fill the one remaining casual vacancy by co-option.
- NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that pursuant Rule 8 of the Local Elections (Parishes and Communities) Rule 1986 St Just Town Council will fill the casual vacancy arising from resignation by way of co-option.
- The Town Council may co-opt as a member any person who is legally qualified to hold such office, and who is willing to serve, provided he or she satisfies at least ONE of the following qualification categories: –
- is registered as a local government elector for the parish;
- has during the whole of the preceding twelve months occupied as owner or tenant, any land or premises in the parish;
- his/her principal or only place of work during the preceding twelve months has been in the parish;
- had during the whole of the preceding twelve months resided in the parish or within 4.8 km thereof.
- Expressions of interest from persons wishing to be considered for co-option (Why you want to be a councillor) MUST be submitted in writing to the Town Clerk to be received by 5pm Monday 15 November 2021. (Emails with attached expressions of interest are fine).
- The Council will consider all expressions of interest and successful applicants will be asked to attend an interview with the Town Council at a meeting to be held on Wednesday 1 December 2021 at 7.15pm.
For further information please contact the Town Clerk or Admin Staff on 01736 788412 at the address below.
DATED this 15 October 2021
Mr. Cas Leo Town Clerk
St Just-in-Penwith Town Council
Market Street, St Just, Penzance