St Just Town Council would like your ideas on how to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. We have set aside some money from the budget, and welcome your ideas on how to best use it to celebrate and commemorate the occasion.
A few events have already been confirmed, and of course any one person, street or group may already be planning their own event or street party, which is great. We just want to let you know that we have reserved St Just Town Hall and the Plain-an-Gwarry for community use over the weekend. We can also book and fund other community venues on request and approval of the Town council. firstname.lastname@example.org
Events confirmed so far:
- The Lighting of the Beacon at Chapel Carn Brea on the 2nd
The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Beacons website
- Pendeen Silver Band to play in the Plain-an-Gwarry on the afternoon of Saturday 4th June, with the Town Hall as a wet weather option
- The Big Jubilee Lunch 5th June 2022
Communities page on the Eden Project website
A number of other suggestions have been made, and we would welcome your views on these:
- Bunting in the streets
(Thank you to Lafrowda for their bunting.)
- A ceilidh and dancing from the St Just shindiggers.
(Our usual ceilidh crew have a booking for Saturday 4th, so if there is community interest for a Saturday we’d have to look for an alternative band, or see if they would like to play on the Sunday after The Big Jubilee Lunch.)
- Sports matches. Contact the Rugby Club, Football clubs and Cricket Club to see if they would like to put on a Jubilee match.
- Planting 70 trees to commemorate 70 years.
(Ideas for a location for this, please.)
Please do offer any more suggestions in writing. We can update the list and give the community time to comment on them before our Town Council meeting on the 28th February. Community groups, are need to apply for a Jubilee grant though the Town Council Community Grant system (forms are on this website) by 25th April to email@example.com, and/then they can also present their application (if they wish) at 19:15 at any Ordinary Town Council meeting on that evening.
We look forward to hearing from you.