ST JUST TOWN COUNCIL
NOTICE OF VACANCY (2)
IN THE OFFICE OF TOWN COUNCILLOR TO BE FILLED BY CO-OPTION
As the Returning Officer received no requests for an election by the due date. The Town Council will now fill the two remaining casual vacancy by co-option.
- NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that pursuant Rule 8 of the Local Elections (Parishes and Communities) Rule 1986 St Just Town Council will fill the casual vacancy arising from resignation by way of co-option.
- The Town Council may co-opt as a member any person who is legally qualified to hold such office, and who is willing to serve, provided he or she satisfies at least ONE of the following qualification categories: –
- is registered as a local government elector for the parish;
- has during the whole of the preceding twelve months occupied as owner or tenant, any land or premises in the parish;
- his/her principal or only place of work during the preceding twelve months has been in the parish;
- had during the whole of the preceding twelve months resided in the parish or within 4.8 km thereof.
- Expressions of interest from persons wishing to be considered for co-option (Why you want to be a councillor) MUST be submitted in writing to the Town Clerk to be received by 5pm Monday 13 June 2022. (Emails with attached expressions of interest are fine).
- The Council will consider all expressions of interest and successful applicants will be asked to observe a Council meeting on Monday 20 June 22 it starts at 7.00pm and then after the meeting attend an interview with the Town Council.
For further information please contact the Town Clerk or Admin Staff on 01736 788412 or
07907039014 at the address below.
DATED this 17 May 2022
Mr. Cas Leo Town Clerk
St Just-in-Penwith Town Council
Market Street, St Just, Penzance
The above details can also be downloaded in this Notice of Vacancy document (PDF, 82KB).